Important links for presenters:
All presentations must be compatible with PowerPoint 2010.
All presentation slides must be formatted for 16:9 display.
For information on how to check your display ratio and change it if needed, refer to:
Video, Audio and Flash Element Guidelines
Submit all videos separately. Acceptable NTSC formats are Quicktime, MPEG, MP4 or WMV.
European formats will NOT be accepted (PAL or SECAM).
For 4:3 videos:
Resolution should be no smaller than (4:3) 800 x 600, but should be 1024 x 768.
For 16:9 videos:
Resolution should be no smaller than (16:9) 720 x 480, but should be 1920 x 1080
All Flash elements need to be embedded into a PowerPoint slide and programmed to rewind so they restart at the beginning. The flash file (.SWF) must also be submitted with your presentation in case reprogramming is needed.
ALL Audio files should be submitted separately with your presentation whether embedded or linked.
Patient Safety Credit Hours
Did you know, maintenance of licensure in some states (including Pennsylvania and Texas) and membership in ASPS & ABOS requires patient safety credit hours? ASSH is ready to meet this changing education need with the help of our course faculty.
In Patient Safety education, emphasis is placed on the system of care delivery that:
1. prevents errors;
2. learns from the errors that do occur; and
3. is built on a culture of safety that involves health care professionals, organizations, and patients.
If any portion of your lecture qualifies as patient safety education in accordance with what is provided in the description above, let your ASSH Staff Liaison (see list below for staff assignment and contact information) know so that we can note this for participants’ CME claim for their patient safety credits. Credits are compiled for the course as a whole so even as few as 2 minutes of your lecture could add up. Please remember to include this information when you submit your handouts (if applicable) by Friday, July 1st.
ASSH Staff Liaison
- Didactic Pre-course/Post-course, Symposia: Kris R. Delas Armas (email@example.com)
- Pre-course/Post-course Labs, Interactive Case Reviews, Instructional Course Lecture: Diana Shkap (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Resident Review Course, Fellows Flaps Course, Residents & Fellows Conference, Consultation Corners: Katherine Ort (email@example.com)
For all other questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.