Ways to Give
You can direct your gift to the AFSH in whichever way is meaningful to you. Some of your options include:
- General Fund Donation (research, education and outreach)
- Named Award or Building Space Donation (in honor of esteemed members and institutions)
- Stock Donation
- Planned Giving (bequests, retirement plans, life insurance)
- OREF + AFSH Donation (partial donation to the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation)
- We welcome any gift made in memory of, or in tribute to, a colleague, mentor, friend or family member. Please include your tribute note and contact information along with your donation and we will notify the tribute on your behalf.
- Research Fund: Supports clinical and basic science grants.
- Education Fund: Supports AFSH and ASSH education initiatives including scholarship programs, resident/fellow training, online learning opportunities, and the Innovation in Education grants program.
- Outreach Fund: Supports outreach initiatives, including the Touching Hands Project which funds medical missions to underserved areas.
*These funds support grants and operational items in these areas as administered by the AFSH Board of Trustees.
A number of Named Funds exist to honor past and present esteemed members and their achievements. Named Funds help fund special awards, lectures, scholarships, research, named spaces in the ASSH building, and more.
See the stock donation form for details. The AFSH account is with Raymond James. Details are here:
Account #: 2588 8907
DT #: 0725
AFSH Tax ID #: 74-2428242
Phone: (800) 366-4904
Thoughtful planning can help you achieve your charitable goals and provide for a secure retirement. Anyone who notifies AFSH that the Hand Foundation is named as the beneficiary of a gift through his or her estate or through a planned gift during his or her lifetime is automatically enrolled as a member of the Heritage Society, our way of honoring and thanking you. You can give to AFSH in the following ways:
- Bequests (gifts by will or living trust)
- Gifts of retirement plans (avoid double taxation on retirement savings)
- Gifts of life insurance (transfer a policy to AFSH)=
Learn more on the Planned Giving page.
OREF + AFSH
Enjoy recognition from both groups! Direct a portion of your gift to the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation while making your annual donation to the AFSH.
Learn more and make a donation to both the AFSH and OREF.
- Option 1: Gifts of $1,000+ (minimum $500 goes to AFSH, remainder maybe directed to OREF)
- Option 2: Gifts up to $999.99 (up to 50% may go to OREF)