Richard H. Gelberman Scholar
Applications for the 2017 Gelberman Scholar Award are due on May 15, 2017.
This monetary award is for a young hand surgeon during his or her first four years of practice, who has demonstrated strong potential for excellence in patient care, research and education. This award is intended to be a career stimulus, and to propel a young surgeon to greater achievement in the field of hand surgery on both a national and international stage. The award would be used to support national or international travel of the award recipient, with the stated goal of benefiting both the membership of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the patients we serve.
- Must have completed an accredited fellowship within the past four years.
- The applicant must have begun his or her surgical practice in a center where either residents or fellows are taught.
- Must be an ASSH Candidate Member.
Review the application and submit the following materials by email only to Haley Licata at email@example.com by May 15, 2017:
- Complete hand surgical fellowship application including basic information, board scores, and letters of recommendation. Additional letters of recommendation from other members of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand are permissible.
- Short description of your accredited fellowship.
- Brief summary of what you hope to learn during your travels.
- Recent headshot.
The award money will be disbursed within a month of the 2017 ASSH Annual Meeting.
The award recipient will be announced at the ASSH Annual Meeting. After the scholar has traveled, he or she will submit a one-page report summarizing where he or she had travelled, what was learned, and how the information learned was put to use in the surgeon’s academic practice. The scholar will present a brief talk at the following ASSH Annual Meeting describing his/her experience during the scholarship.
Please contact Haley Licata at firstname.lastname@example.org.