This marks the first year the ASSH is offering the annual Self-Assessment Exam exclusively online. The response to the Web exam in its first year was overwhelmingly positive, but we understand that the transition to online can be challenging for some.
The goal of this page is to help you easily navigate the exam and answer questions that might come up. We strongly recommend using the following web browsers for the online exam: Safari 5.0 and above, and Firefox Versions 5.0 and above, and Chrome.
Entering the exam:
As a registrant, you access the exam clicking the link that is sent to you via email by the ASSH. Note: Save the email with the exam link, as it will make it easier to resume the exam at a later time.
You will then be taken to the ASSH website login page. Type in your username and password.
You will then be taken to your eLearning Portal home page. Under "My Enrollments," you will see the "2013 Self-Assessment Exam Package" listed.
Click on the Package, and then "Launch" the exam to begin.
“When I try to log in, it says ‘the user is already logged.’ How do I log in?"
This means you are still logged in, and need to completely log out first before re-entering the exam:
- Go to www.assh.org
- Please click on your name->Log out (despite the session being expired a person is still appearing as logged in on our website)
- Wait until you see a screen confirming log off
- Shut down all of the browser windows (restart the browser)
- You can log back in now
“When I try to log in I get a message asking me to close the tab, whether I click yes or no it doesn’t log me in.”
You need to add assh.org to your trusted sites (usually an Internet Explorer issue)
Follow these steps to add www.assh.org
and portal.assh.org as trusted sites in IE9:
- Open Internet Explorer 9.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Now click on Trusted sites
- Move the Security level for this zone slider to Low
- Then click on the Sites button.
- Uncheck Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone
- Enter the www.assh.org and click on Add.
- Enter portal.assh.org and click Add.
- When you are finished, click on Close.
Pausing/Resuming the exam:
- You can start and stop the exam whenever you'd like, but it's important that you click the "Pause" button before exiting the exam. If you do not "Pause" the exam, your progress will be lost.
- It is equally important that you "Logout" of the ASSH website before exiting your Web browser. If you do not "Logout" of the ASSH website, you will have difficulty when you try to resume the exam.
- To resume the exam, simply click on the link provided in the original email from the ASSH, sign in, and under "My Enrollments," click the "2013 Self-Assessment Exam Package." If you do not have the email, simply login to the ASSH website at www.assh.org and click on the eLearning Portal link on the right side in the Members Center. Go the "My Enrollments" section on the landing page, and click on the "2013 Self-Assessment Exam Package."
- You will then be taken to the screen below:
- Select "Restart" to return to the spot where you left off. "Start New Session" will start the exam from the beginning.
You may not skip questions while taking the test, but you can always go back to change your answers as much as you want. You must answer all questions before completing the test.
Use the "Flag" function to mark questions for review. This will alow you to easily find the questions you want to review before you submit the test.
You may take notes on any question during the exam, by clicking the "Notes" button within the question. After you've completed the exam, you can retrieve your notes in two ways:
- Before you close the screen at the completion of the test, you can download your notes along with your exam questions by selecting "Click Here to Download Your Notes."
- Visit the "My History" tab within the eLearning Portal, and select "Grades."
Scroll to the "2013 Self Assessment Exam Test"
Select "Test Details"
Click on the blue "Details" link on the far right to expand your results.
Scroll to the "Attempt Result" link. Select "Export CSV or PDF" to download your results. Any notes you have taken will also be downloaded.
Photos that appear within questions may be enlarged by clicking on the "+" sign at the upper-right of the photo. Photos that appear in answers are not enlargeable.
Regardless of whether you pass or not, each time you submit a test, you will be given the opportunity to see all the questions and answers.
Retrieving full test details along with answers:
If you would like to save the test along with your answers upon completion of the exam, select "Review All Answers." At the upper right, you will see a link to "Print Test Review." You may print your answers from here. NOTE: It is important that you hit "Print Test Review" before closing the screen because you will not be able to access the "Test Review" again once you leave the screen.
Tip: To save an electronic version, set your computer to "Print to PDF," which will create a PDF you can save for future reference.
“I wasn’t able to print out all 200 questions and answers and I’ve already closed the test. How do I get back in?”
If you have already completed and closed your exam, you may see your score on any question, along with the details of that question, by going to the "My History" tab within the eLearning Portal:
- Select "Grades"
- Scroll to the "2013 Self Assessment Exam Test"
- Select "Test Details"
- Click on the blue "Details" link on the far-right to expand your results.
- Scroll down to any question. Click on the question name (in blue) and the question, the answer, references, and your score will pop up.
Retrieving your CME certificate
Once you have completed the exam and reached the minimum passing score, you can retrieve your CME certificate:
- Go to "My History"
- Scroll to "2013 Self-Assessment Exam Package"
- Click on "Certificate"
- Your CME credits will be uploaded to your permanent transcript on www.assh.org within 10 business days of you successfully completing the exam.
If you have questions or problems with your online exam, email email@example.com. You can also call the ASSH Central Office (312-880-1900) between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM CST, Monday through Friday.