Why Form a Corporate Advisory Council?
Our CAC provides a unique opportunity for corporate partners to exchange information, ideas, and resources with the hand and upper extremity surgery community in a cost-effective and productive manner. CAC Membership fees help support AFSH research and training programs as well as ASSH CME activities. We invite you to invest in the future of hand and upper extremity medicine by becoming a member of the ASSH/AFSH Corporate Advisory Council.
Please contact Kris R. Delas Armas at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
The mission of the Corporate Advisory Council is to promote the advancement of upper extremity surgery through cooperation between physicians and industry partners in a transparent and ethical fashion.
The Corporate Advisory Council will combine preeminent surgeons and industry leaders in the field of upper extremity surgery to collaborate on all aspects of the field – medical, governmental, business, and public education. This collaboration will be used as thoughtful background for decisions regarding the direction of research and education in the field to continuously improve the quality of care for all patients.
- Promote transparent and ethical relationships between industry and upper extremity surgeons
- Collaborate on increasing public awareness of the field of upper extremity surgery
- Communicate goals and strategies for success at the ASSH Annual Meeting thereby structuring meetings to be mutually beneficial to the members of the Hand Society and the industry partners who support them
- Share thoughts and ideas regarding the future of continuing medical education
- Eight ASSH/AFSH Elected Leaders and Senior Staff
- ASSH President, President-elect, Vice President
- ASSH Corporate Support Committee Chair
- AFSH President
- ASSH Executive Director
- CEOs (or equivalent level) of industry
Why Become a Member?
Your participation provides recognition within membership, creates the opportunity to build relationships with leadership and network with other industry professionals. Additionally, participation in the CAC provides your company with regular communication with what is happening at the ASSH and AFSH. Whether you’re looking to boost your company’s profile, showcase your support or network with VIP leaders, the CAC program provides a unique experience to give back to the specialty.
• Opportunity to collaborate on programs and projects that benefit physicians and patient care
• Access to preeminent leading physicians in the field of upper extremity surgery
• Individual, one-on-one time with ASSH leadership and staff to help your company meet its goals
• Participation in two Corporate Leadership Summits (Winter/Spring)
• Opportunity to communicate company’s position on important matters to leaders of the field
• Exclusive online forum to post candid questions to leadership and other industry members
• Access to market research results (focus groups, surveys, etc.) at a significant discount
• Acknowledgement on ASSH/AFSH website with a link to your corporate website
• Recognition throughout the year in AFSH reports and in ASSH meeting promotions
• Acknowledgement of support at the ASSH Annual Meeting Business Meeting
• Knowledge that your membership fee helps support the full range of programs the ASSH/AFSH offers –awards, grants, educational programs, and more!
Corporate Leadership Summit
An intimate forum comprising of C-level representatives from various companies servicing the hand and upper extremity field. Discuss what is working, what is not, and exchange strategies and ideas. Agenda items are developed by members and leadership based on mutual topics of interest. During these meetings you will discuss relevant challenges and issues while networking with other companies.
Topics may range from building public awareness, supporting advances in research, treatment and technology, how to provide meaningful corporate involvement in CME courses and meetings, and how to contribute to research and graduate medical education. Each Summit is different, providing a new learning opportunity. Content is driven by current events and pressing issues facing the Society and industry members. The Corporate Leadership Summit provides an interactive discussion facilitated by ASSH/AFSH leadership. Ideas developed during these Summits will continue to be worked on throughout the year via our online forum and through regular conference calls.
CAC members are leaders, advocates and financial supporters who have invested to improve patient care through their support of research and education for hand and upper extremity surgery. Support pathways include:
- Major financial support of the ASSH Annual Meeting and Stand Alone Courses through unrestricted grants for CME programs and meeting activities
- ASSH Young Leader Development Program support
- Multi-year AFSH Research grants to support hand and wrist trauma, arthritis/arthroplasty, shoulder/elbow, biologics, nerve and soft tissue, and congenital problems
- Significant AFSH donation to support Military Investigators Program and/or the Young Surgeons Overseas Program
- Support of AFSH Graduate Medical Education
- Membership is based on a yearly dues cycle, with 2012-2013 dues being billed in December 2012.
- Upon joining, companies are asked to identify primary, secondary and other contacts for CAC activities
- Companies are required to participate in Corporate Leadership Summit scheduled twice a year in Spring/Winter
- Access to the ASSH and AFSH activities is a privilege, not a right. The ASSH reserves the right to ask a member to leave an activity and/or forfeit their membership if behavior or company practices no longer align with ASSH policy.
- The ASSH/AFSH will not endorse any company or product but will recognize the contributions made by CAC members.
- CAC Member fee contributes towards overall Partnership Level with the Society
- Participation is limited to 15 corporate partners
Corporate Advisory Council Fee Structure
Fees are based on our Partnership Program which recognizes year-round support beginning and ending with the ASSH Annual Meeting each fall. For the 2012-2013 program the CAC will first meet at our Corporate Leadership Summit, on December 12-13, 2012, taking place in conjunction with the ASSH Council Meeting. The Spring meeting will take place on May 15-16, 2013. Fees will be based on commitments pledged in for the 2012 Annual Meeting cycle (September 2011 - September 2012).
Automatic Seat at the CAC
$5,000 Membership Fee
$7,500 Membership Fee
Overall commitment includes but is not limited to: Participation as an exhibitor at small courses and the Annual Meeting, advertising, corporate support for CME activities and educational programs, AFSH support through grant or other contribution.
Our Corporate Advisory Program offers a unique experience to learn, collaborate and network and we hope you will join us for our 2012-2013 program. To apply, please contact the ASSH:
Kris R. Delas Armas, CMP
Meetings & Corporate Relations Manager
We would like to thank the following 2013-2014 companies and members of leadership for helping us form the CAC and for their continued support of ASSH and AFSH activities:
Edward Akelman, MD
Scott H. Kozin, MD
William H. Seitz, Jr., MD
W.P. Andrew Lee, MD
Immediate Past President
Frederick F. Fakharzadeh, MD
William H. Seitz, Jr., MD
Chair, Corporate Advisory Council
Edward Diao, MD
Chair, Commercial Support Committee
A.M. Surgical, Inc
Aptis Medical LLC
Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Checkpoint Surgical, LLC
Conventus Orthopaedics, Inc.
Integra Lifesciences Corporation
MicroAire Surgical Instruments
Skeletal Dynamics, LLC
Small Bone Innovations, Inc.