- Journal of Hand Surgery subscription, both print and online
- Voting rights
- Join a committee
- Hold Office - only ASSH Active members for five (5) years, or more, prior to the time of election shall be eligible for nomination as an officer
- Inclusion in Find a Hand Surgeon online search (must have Work contact information on file)
- Weekly Member Update
- Online ASSH Membership Directory
- Members Listserv
- Correspondence News
- Online Journal Club
- Access to the ASSH Image Library
- Coding Corner provides assistance with coding questions
- Access to grants and awards
- Reduced member pricing for ASSH courses, meetings and products
Maintaining ASSH Active Member Status
ASSH Active Members are required to attend at least one (1) ASSH Annual Meeting during a three (3) year period in accordance with the Bylaws:
"Any active member absent from three (3) consecutive annual meetings shall be dropped from the membership roster unless the absence is excused by the Council."
“Attendance” at an ASSH Annual Meeting is considered a full paid registration and is not fulfilled by single day registrations, individual pre or post course registrations, or acting as faculty/presenter/discusser for a course.
Active Members may request a waiver of the ASSH Annual Meeting attendance requirement by submitting request in writing to: Membership at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax: 847/384-1435 or mail to the ASSH Central Office.
Senior/Retired/Lifetime Active Member Status
Beginning in 2013 there will be a change to the qualifications for the ASSH Senior/Retired membership categories. ASSH Active Members who are completely retired from practice, and meet all of the criteria detailed in the Change in Status Request Form
, can request a move to the ASSH Senior/Retired Member category - regardless of age.
If your request to change to the ASSH Senior/Retired Member category is approved you have the option of choosing between:
- ASSH Senior/Retired dues paying category (pay reduced dues of $300 rather than Active Member dues of $530); or
- ASSH Senior/Retired non-dues paying category as described below.
ASSH Active Members over 65 (beginning with the year after turning 65) can request a move to the Senior/Retired Member non-dues paying category - regardless if still practicing.
$300 Annual Dues
|$0 Annual Dues|
|Journal of Hand Surgery subscription, both print and online
||NO Journal of Hand Surgery|
|Inclusion in Find A Hand Surgeon - listing in Find A Hand Surgeon is contingent upon availability of Work contact information.
||NO listing in Find A Hand Surgeon|
|Annual Meeting attendance requirement waived
||Annual Meeting attendance requirement waived|
Reduced prices for select ASSH courses, meetings and products
|Reduced prices for select ASSH courses, meetings and products|
|Inclusion and access to ASSH online Membership Directory
||Inclusion and access to ASSH online Membership Directory|
|Weekly Member Updates
||Weekly Member Updates|
|Assistance with coding questions
||Assistance with coding questions|
ASSH Lifetime Members pay reduced annual dues of $300 (also have option for non-dues paying Lifetime Member category with limited member benefits), and receive full Active member benefits along with;
- Receive an ASSH Lifetime Member pin
- Annual invitation to the Lifetime / New Member Luncheon at the ASSH Annual Meeting
- Special listing on the website and in the ASSH Annual Meeting program
Not sure of your current Member status? Sign in with your username and password in the Member Center, look in the left hand toolbar > My Profile, RATE = Member Type under Membership Status.