The Journal of Hand Surgery (American) will remain the preeminent international journal promoting the science and art of surgery for the hand and upper extremity.
- To promote the advancement of science by maintaining the highest standards of editorial integrity and ethics
- To publish original, noteworthy, peer-reviewed articles on topics related to hand and upper extremity conditions and treatments
- To provide readers with continuing education in the basic and clinical sciences related to hand and upper extremity conditions and their treatments
- To produce a journal that is current, credible, and easily readable
- To stimulate thoughtful discourse on unresolved issues and emerging trends affecting the practice of hand and upper extremity surgery
- To provide historical, cultural, and philosophical viewpoints related to human hands and the practice of hand and upper extremity surgery
The vision and mission of the Journal of Hand Surgery was adopted by the ASSH Council in October, 2010