How to Join Course Faculty
The ASSH is always looking for new, talented speakers to join our course faculty. If you would like to put your expertise to work as a lecturer, moderator, small group leader or lab instructor please contact email@example.com. Please include your full contact information and topics you are interested in speaking on.
Or, present a paper, poster, instructional course or symposium at the Annual Meeting. Visit the ASSH Call For Abstracts section for details on how to submit your proposal.
Current Faculty or Annual Meeting Presenters
Looking for information about your course or Annual Meeting presentation? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handouts Policy and Submitting Handouts
- An ASSH staff member is assigned to each course as the staff liaison. This person will be responsible for collecting, reviewing, and submitting the handouts for publication in the course syllabus.
- Handout(s) should be submitted to your staff contact OR email@example.com in digital form (via email or file sharing) by the deadline for syllabus production. You may also upload them to www.yousendit.com (up to 2GB - individual files) or www.mediafire.com (up to 100MG - can send multiple files as a group).
- Handout MUST be submitted electronically and should be saved in the following format: LastName_PresentationTitle
- All faculty participants are required to provide a handout for their presentations. Failure to do so may jeopardize future participation in ASSH CME programs as faculty. Faculty who miss the submission deadline are expected to make and bring copies, at his or her expense to hand out to provide for course attendees.
Download the handout template
Handouts Should Include:
- A cover page which includes the course name and number (if applicable), presentation title and the presenter's name. Cover page should also include any financial/commercial disclosures, if applicable.
- 3 – 5 key messages with room for notes.
- Line drawings, graphs and diagrams where relevant
- Pearls which will be useful for practice.
- A bibliography listing at least 5 key and current references.
- If PowerPoint slides are submitted, please
- remove the background and prepare as for black/white copies.
- submit as a PDF with 3 slides per page unless otherwise instructed.
- Pictures and x-rays which do not copy well.
- Direct copies of slide presentation outline - remove the background from slides and be sure images are legible.
- Journal articles and book chapters as handouts which will not be accepted due to copyright infringement laws. Any copyright release is the responsibility of the faculty member.
Suggested Layouts and Helpful Tips
- Use a standard font such as Calibri, Times New Roman or Arial at 11 or 12 point.
- Margins (inches): Left – 1.25; Right – 1.0; Top – 1.0; Bottom – 3.0.
- Allow adequate space for note taking.
- Do not crowd the page. Double space some paragraphs or points in the outline.
- Use bullets or symbols to draw attention easily and quickly to key points.
- AVOID BLOCKS OF UPPER CASE TEXT WHICH ARE DIFFICULT TO READ AND ONLY SUITABLE FOR HEADINGS.
- Use bold lower case or put in a box to highlight text.
- Highlight the “Key Facts” or “Special Considerations,” etc.