Elsevier, in conjunction with ASSH, has released the first JHS app for iPad, allowing you to download articles to read, highlight, take notes and even email text or images to yourself or colleagues. To download the JHS app, go to the App Store via your iPad by searching "JHS."
Access to abstract and full-text content is only available to member subscribers and other individual subscribers, so you will need your JHS username and password.
If you are an ASSH member and have been reading the full text of JHS at www.jhandsurg.org through the seamless access provided at www.assh.org, it’s possible you have not registered on the Journal website and claimed your access. We encourage you to do so now, following the instructions below so you can use your username and password to access the JHS iPad app.
Note: You can continue to read full text content at www.jhandsurg.org via the ASSH website as you currently do.
If you have already registered and claimed access to JHS, you have a valid username and password. Please use that when prompted on the JHS iPad app to login as an existing subscriber.
If you have not yet registered and gained access, please follow the directions below:
- Go to the JHS website
- If you are a new user, you will need to register. Enter your email (username) and click Continue (next to Register a New Account).
Proceed to Step #4 below.
If you have already registered, you can simply login with your username (email) and password and skip to Step #4.)
If you are not sure you have registered, contact Customer Service.
- Next, claim your access. On the Claim Your Online Access page, follow these steps:
- ASSH members, click I receive my subscription through a society membership.
- Select your society name from the list in the dropdown menu.
- Insert your member number and last name. (Forgot your ASSH member number? Visit www.assh.org or call 312.880.1900.)
- Click Continue. On the Online Access Claimed page, you can click the Journal link or Finish; both links will direct you to the journal home page.
Upon returning to the Journal site, you will only need to log in with your username (email) and password to access the full text online. You can also access the full journal content on the JHS iPad app
available in the App Store.