Do you interact with industry? If yes, you want to make sure that you register with the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Enterprise Portal.
Note –only registered users will be able to dispute information reported by industry that they believe to be inaccurate or incomplete.
The ASSH strongly encourages members to register for this program on the CMS Enterprise Portal (http://go.cms.gov/openpayments).
Do Physicians Have to Participate in Open Payments?
Physicians are not required to register with or send any information to Open Payments. However it is important that you are aware of the implications of the Sunshine Act and how Open Payments reporting may affect you.
- Familiarize yourself with the type of data that may be reported about you.
- Keep records of all payments and other transfers of value received from applicable manufacturers (physicians can use the Open Payments Mobile Physicians app to track payments and other transfers of value they receive from applicable manufacturers throughout the year).
- Get registered in the Open Payments system (now open!) and subscribe to the listserv to receive updates regarding the program.
- Look at the type of information manufacturers will submit.
- Work with the manufacturers to make sure the information being submitted is correct.