Member Insights Data (Market Research)
The Hand Society is engaged in several important efforts to gather information about the detailed work and scope our members are involved in. The development of the following ASSH "Member Insights" data survey was led by Edward Diao, MD with input from our Corporate Advisory Council that included members of Council, the Foundation, and select corporate partners. It collected information about the frequency of hand conditions that are seen, the specific implants used and change in practice patterns in the last twelve months by ASSH members across the spectrum of their practices. We learned more about treatments and conditions which are less than ideal and where innovation and new products might be helpful.
The results of this survey are being made available to sale to industry partners so that some of these insufficiencies in treatment options and product preferences will be addressed. This survey was a collaborative effort to learn more about the field of hand and upper limb surgery and to bring more resources to those areas where current treatment options are not ideal.
Download Survey (questions only)
Download Survey Order Form (purchase Q&A summary)
Download a preview of the survey results
Hand Conditions: Frequency & Treatment Options and Product Preferences Facts
- Survey was sent via SurveyMonkey in January 2013 to over 2,000 ASSH Members who are currently practicing
- 30+% response rate over one month period
- Hand/upper extremity frequency trend questions and demographic questions asked
- Product preferences asked of twenty-two (22) hand and upper extremity conditions
Market Research Survey Results Fees
Corporate Advisory Council (CAC) Member: $9,500
Non-CAC Member: $15,000
Cross-Tab Add On: $500/question
On the order form please indicate which question(s) you would like cross-tabbed for specific responses based on that particular area. Cross-tabbed responses offer a powerful tool to learn more about your target audience. For example, you could cross-tab responses by a certain demographic, such as those who have been in practice for fewer than five years to see which responses come directly from this audience. Additional fee applies.
- Access to specific data related to the hand and upper extremity that does not exist anywhere else
- High response rate from target audience who are the experts in the field
- Questions were developed in collaboration with industry to get the answers you need
- Purpose and use of survey was clearly shared with membership and is offered to industry in open and ethical manne
Completed order forms can be submitted by email, fax or mail:
Fax: (847) 384-1435
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
P.O. Box 6500
Chicago, IL 60680
Questions? Contact Kris R. Delas Armas, CMP, Meetings & Corporate Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 880-1913.
Mailing List Policy
All requests for permission to use ASSH member mailing labels must be accompanied by a sample of the proposed mailing and are subject to approval by the ASSH Central Office. Please click hereif you want to use the Mailing List for Research purposes. If permission to use ASSH member mailing labels is granted, the ASSH member information provided may be used solely to disseminate an exact copy of the sample submitted with the request.
Unless specifically stated otherwise in writing, permission to use ASSH member mailing labels and/or e-mail addresses does not constitute an endorsement, approval, recommendation or certification of any information, product, process, service or organization presented or discussed in the mailing, and no reference should be made to imply such approval or endorsement.
Please note the following:
- Peel and stick labels with the mailing addresses of ASSH members are available on a rental basis for a one time use. Labels, and the information contained thereon, shall not be copied, reused, sold, electronically reproduced, transferred into customer files, or used by any party other than the one submitting the request and for the specifically requested purpose. The mailing label information provided may not be used to re-contact members on the mailing list or provide information to a third party to initiate such contact.
- All label counts provided are approximate and subject to change at any time. The ASSH shall not be responsible for shortages or overruns of materials based on estimates.
- All label orders are subject to a no-return policy. No refunds or credits will be made after an order has been processed.
- All orders must be approved prior to fulfillment.
- Orders will be processed in 5 business days following approval and receipt of payment.
- Labels are sent FedEx – 2 day
Unauthorized usage of ASSH Mailing List information
In addition to any and all other remedies available to ASSH, each unauthorized use of the ASSH Mailing List shall result in a $1200.00 charge. Further, ASSH reserves the right to refuse any future request for use of the ASSH Mailing List from any organization or individual who has violated the ASSH Mailing List Policy.
Required to Order
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I receive an email list instead of labels? Only ASSH Members may request ASSH member email addresses. Only requests for email lists that will be used for research purposes will be considered.
- Can I request a sort for certain states or by using other location markers like zip code prefix, regardless of the cost difference? Yes, when the request includes active members, you may request no more than 6 states. However, we do not filter the list for requested zip codes.
- How many members does a complete list include? The list includes approximately 2,900 members.
- Can I request only certain member types? Yes, you may indicate this on the request form.
- Can ASSH include some kind of coding for my marketing tracking on the pre-printed labels? Yes. Please indicate using the field “Key Coding Information” to note this on your order request.
- Can I request attendee mailing labels from the Annual Meeting? Yes. Please indicate your request on the form for the Annual Meeting year you are requesting along with any additional filters you may desire (e.g. physician-only). Total number of labels will vary depending on meeting year requested.
Questions? Contact staff at email@example.com or call (312) 880-1900.