From: 07/17/2014 To: 07/17/2014
This one-day review course, brought to you by the AAOS and ASSH, prepares you for the general orthopaedic questions on the Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand. Held just one day prior to the ASSH Comprehensive Review in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery course*, this is a convenient opportunity to review generally accepted principles of orthopaedics across the specialties and prepare to maintain your certification. Your skilled faculty of experienced clinicians will focus on what you need to know in all the other specialty areas of orthopaedics for the exam. In addition, multiple choice questions are presented throughout the course allowing for further discussion of the course topics.
* The AAOS/ASSH General Orthopaedic Review is an additional fee program. Register for this course via the Comprehensive Review course registration.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental knowledge base required for Maintenance of Certification
- Sharpen clinical decision-making using contemporary clinical, laboratory and diagnostic imaging methods to manage pediatric and adult musculoskeletal disorders
- Compare and contrast current non-operative and operative treatment of a wide spectrum of orthopaedic conditions including shoulder, lower extremity, spine and pediatrics
- Recognize the spectrum of surgical management of reconstructive and traumatic musculoskeletal conditions and the indications and contraindications for each
- Discuss current orthopaedic literature concerning a wide array of common musculoskeletal conditions in children and adults
- Review the standard of care for management of musculoskeletal conditions
Please note: the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery does not provide content or material for this educational program. The syllabus for this course will be in an electronic format. Participants will be emailed information about accessing just prior to the course.
Samer Attar, MD
Andrew D. Bunta, MD
Brian Forsythe, MD
Rajeev Garapati, MD
Steven L. Haddad, MD
Matthew L. Jimenez, MD
Anish R. Kadakia, MD
Monica Kogan, MD
Gregory P. Nicholson, MD
Kern Singh, MD
Scott M. Sporer, MD
Vineeta T. Swaroop, MD
Jan Paul Szatkowski, MD
Nikhil N. Verma, MD
John J. Fernandez, MD, FAAOS
Bradley R. Merk, MD
ASSH CME CREDIT HOURS
The ASSH designates this live activity, General Orthopaedic Review Course, for a maximum of 8.75* AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
*Subject to change prior to the activity.
The ASSH is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Registration is open. Click here to register online.
AAOS/ASSH General Orthopaedic Review course registration includes breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks and a detailed course syllabus (electronic and print). Course sessions and food functions are for the course registrants only — spouses, family and guests are not permitted in these areas.
Registration Deadline: June 25, 2014
Registration is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
|AAOS or ASSH Member (physician)
|AAOS Emeritus Member
ASSH Affiliate Member,
Allied Health Professional
|Resident or Fellow
(current program details required)
* Onsite registration will incur an additional $50 fee.
All registrations are confirmed by e-mail to the registrant. If you have not received a confirmation within two weeks of submitting your registration form please contact ASSH at (312) 880-1900 or email@example.com.
REFUND POLICY / CANCELLATION FEE
All refunds must be requested in writing to the ASSH Central Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (847) 384-1435.
- A full refund, less a $150 administrative fee, will be given if written notification is received by the ASSH Central Office on or before June 25, 2014.
- Cancellations received between June 25 and July 1, 2014 will receive 50% back of payment received.
- No refunds will be issued after July 1, 2014
The AAOS/ASSH General Orthopaedic Review Course is moving to the Hyatt Regency Chicago at 151 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601.
Housing deadline: June 17, 2014
Book your housing here: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/AmSocietySurgeryHand or call 1-888-421-1442 - be sure to request the American Society for Surgery of the Hand course rate.
|Single or Double Occupancy
- All attendees are responsible for making their own sleeping room reservations
- DO NOT contact the ASSH Office for hotel reservations
- Please ask for the American Society for Surgery of the Hand course rate
- Check-in time is 3:00 PM and check-out time is 12:00 noon
- Complimentary basic high speed internet is offered in paid guest rooms and public space
Reservation requests must be received by June 17. Upon check in you will be asked to verify your check out date. The Hyatt Regency Chicago utilizes a 72-hour cancellation policy. Rates are subject to state and local taxes in effect at the time of the meeting.
NOTE: If the room block fills prior to the deadline, the hotel cannot guarantee availability and/or the special ASSH course rate.
The material presented in this continuing medical education program is made available by the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) for educational purposes only. This material is not intended to represent the best or only methods or procedures appropriate for the medical situation discussed, but rather is intended to present an approach, view, statement or opinion of the authors or presenters that may be helpful or of interest to other practitioners. Attendees agree to participate in this medical education program sponsored by ASSH and AAOS with full knowledge and awareness that they waive any claim they may have against ASSH and the AAOS for reliance on any information presented in this educational program. In addition, the attendees also waive any claim they have against ASSH for injury or other damages that may result in any way from their participation in this program. All of the proceedings of the AAOS/ASSH General Orthopaedic Review Course and the Comprehensive Review in Hand and Upper Extremity course are intended for limited publication only, and all property rights in the material presented, including common – law copyright, are expressly reserved by the speaker or ASSH/AAOS. No statement of presentation made is to be regarded as dedicated to the public domain. Any sound reproduction transcript or other use of the material presented at this course without the permission of the speaker or ASSH/AAOS is prohibited to the full extent of common – law copyright in such material. ASSH and AAOS are not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant. The approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is required for procedures and drugs that are considered experimental. Instrumentation systems discussed and/or demonstrated in or at ASSH/AAOS educational programs may not yet have received FDA approval.