Bring a young surgeon with you to the 2013 ASSH Annual Meeting!
If you are a surgeon who practices medicine outside of the United States, you may be eligible to sponsor a young surgeon for a FREE 2013 ASSH Annual Meeting registration.
Information for Sponsors
- You may sponsor only one young surgeon, aged 35 or under.
- You must purchase a Full ASSH Annual Meeting registration at the International Member or International Non-Member price.
- You must register and pay in full before your sponsored surgeon will be allowed to register and pick up his or her meeting materials.
- You must submit the name of your sponsored surgeon with your registration form, or you may email it to AM13@assh.org. If emailing, include your complete name and your sponsored surgeon's name and email address.
- The sponsored surgeon must submit a separate Annual Meeting registration form, a special coversheet, and proof of age, following the instructions below.
Information for Young Sponsored Surgeons
ASSH is offering free meeting registration to young international surgeons who meet the following requirements.
- You must be sponsored by a registrant who has paid for a Full Annual Meeting Registration at the International Member or International Non-Member rate.
- You must be 35 years old or younger as of October 3, 2013. (Born on or after October 4, 1977.)
- You must practice medicine outside of the United States.
- You must submit your registration using the printable registration form. You may not register online.
- You must attach the Young International Surgeon Coversheet with your application, and it must be completely filled out.
- You must include a copy of official documentation of your birth (copy of passport, driver's identification, or birth certificate).
- Note: Your registration will not be finalized until your sponsor registers.
- Free registration includes:
- Admittance to scientific sessions, symposia, instructional course lectures (additional fee for surgical skills ICLs), clinical case reviews, industry workshops, scientific and commercial exhibits, poster presentations, and boxed lunches Thursday through Saturday. Registration also includes free wireless access throughout the Moscone Convention Center
- The following items require an additional fee and are not included with free registration:
- Precourses, post courses, surgical skills courses
- Tours and social events (except for the International Reception)
- iPad rental
- Consult the Registration Fees and Policies page for full details regarding registration.