For Residents and Fellows
The ASSH Candidate Member category is reserved for individuals within three years of completing an ACGME-accredited residency, currently engaged in an ACGME-accredited hand surgery fellowship, or within five years of completing an ACGME-accredited hand surgery fellowship.
about becoming a Candidate Resident, Candidate Fellow or full Candidate Member of ASSH.
Discounted Courses and Products
Look for the resident/fellow price on course registrations and products. Call the ASSH Central Office at 312-880-1900 if you are not receiving the correct price.
Free access to Hand-e
Hand-e is the electronic learning platform of ASSH. It is available for residents who are or are not candidate members. Click here to register
and view hand-e
Free Access to The Journal of Hand Surgery
North American Residents and Fellows receive free access to JHS. To receive access, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full Name
- Preferred Mailing Address (indicate if this is work or home)
- Phone (indicate if this is work, home, cell, etc)
- Indicate if you are a Resident or a Fellow
- Specialty - Orthopaedic, Plastic, General surgery?
- Residency or Fellowship Program Name
- Ending date of Residency or Fellowship Program
Once your information is received, you will receive instructions on how to access JHS. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.