The 2017 ASSH Supporting Membership Application submission deadline is February 6, 2017.
Before applying, please ensure that you read and understand the ASSH Code of Ethics.
2017 Supporting Membership Application
2017 Supporting Membership Instructions
- Complete ALL sections of the application form. No part of the application form may be left blank. Any activities and/or contributions must be added to the application form. CV- curriculum vitae may be included.
- Submit your one-time Supporting Membership application fee of $100. New members will be billed $300 for next year’s annual dues at the end of the year of acceptance.
- Submit sponsorship letters from two (2) ASSH Active members elected in 2013 or earlier OR for international Supporting applicants, submit two (2) sponsor letters from either ASSH Active members or ASSH International members (elected 2013 or earlier). Letters of recommendation from other members of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (particularly chiefs of service, training program directors, persons familiar with the applicant's practice or contributions to hand surgery, and other qualified individuals) are not required but do serve to strengthen the application.
- Electronically: Must be submitted to email@example.com in Word or PDF format. You may fax your documents if they are legible to (847) 384-1435 Attn: Mary McCarthy.
- Paper submissions: All paper submissions should be mailed originals. Please send to:
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
822 West Washington Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
Sponsorship letters can be submitted via email, fax, or mail (instructions above) and must follow the following criteria:
- All sponsors must be Active members in the American Society for Surgery of the Hand – elected in 2013 or earlier – or, for international Supporting applicants, sponsors must be ASSH Active members or ASSH International members (elected 2013 or earlier). Contact the ASSH Central Office to verify eligibility of sponsors.
- Include the following information:
- Length of time sponsor has known the applicant
- Knowledge of the applicant's present practice
- Statement of unequivocal support on behalf of the applicant
- Must be submitted on sponsor's letterhead.
- Must be signed by sponsor.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
*In order for an applicant to be considered for 2017 ASSH Supporting membership, all application materials, including completed application, sponsorship letters, paid application fee, etc. must arrive at the ASSH Central Office by close of business on February 6, 2017. Applicants will be notified of their status in writing at least one month prior to the 2017 Annual Meeting.
*Your application and any other information obtained in connection with your application becomes the property of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand upon receipt and will not be returned to the applicant during or at the conclusion of the application process.
With questions, please contact ASSH Membership Manager Mary McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 880-1934.