*Affiliate Membership application deadlines are the 1st of each month.
Before applying, please ensure that you read and understand the ASSH Code of Ethics.
- Complete ALL sections of the application form. No part of the application form may be left blank.
- Submit your one-time Affiliate Membership application fee of $25. Upon acceptance, Affiliate members will be billed dues for the first year based on month of acceptance.
- Submit a sponsorship letter from an ASSH Active member elected in 2012 or earlier OR for international Affiliate applicants, submit a sponsor letter from either an ASSH Active member or ASSH International member elected 2012 or earlier. Letters of recommendation from other members of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (particularly chiefs of service, training program directors, persons familiar with the applicant's practice or contributions to hand surgery, and other qualified individuals) are not required but do serve to strengthen the application.
- Electronically: Must be submitted to email@example.com in Word or PDF format. You may fax your documents if they are legible to (847) 384-1435 Attn: Membership Committee.
- Paper submissions: All paper submissions should be mailed originals. Please send to:
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
822 West Washington Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
Sponsorship letters can be submitted via email, fax, or mail (instructions above) and must follow the following criteria:
- All sponsors must be Active members in the American Society for Surgery of the Hand – elected in 2012 or earlier. For international Affiliate applicants, sponsor must be an ASSH Active member or ASSH International member (elected 2012 or earlier). Contact the ASSH Central Office to verify eligibility of sponsors.
- Include the following information:
- Length of time sponsor has known the applicant
- Knowledge of the applicant's present practice
- Statement of unequivocal support on behalf of the applicant
- Must be submitted on sponsor's letterhead.
- Must be signed by sponsor.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
*In order for an applicant to be considered for 2016 ASSH Affiliate membership, all application materials, including completed application, sponsorship letters, paid application fee, etc. must arrive at the ASSH Central Office by close of business on the submission deadline (1st of each month).
*Your application and any other information obtained in connection with your application becomes the property of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand upon receipt and will not be returned to the applicant during or at the conclusion of the application process.
With questions, please contact ASSH Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 880-1900.