Young International Membership is a category available to certain applicants prior to becoming an International Member of our Society. As a Young International Member, you have the opportunity to learn, grow, and fully participate in the Society alongside some of the most established hand and upper extremity specialists in the world. Enjoy nearly identical benefits as ASSH International Members, and begin your journey as a member of this prestigious hand surgeon network.
Who can become a Young International Member?
Surgeons who are within five (5) years of having completed a post-graduate program in disorders of the upper limbs.
Apply for Young International Membership
Value of young International Membership
Reduced membership dues, compared to International Member dues of $350
- Young International Members pay reduced yearly dues of $200, receiving full benefits
Subscription to the Journal of Hand Surgery, a $594 value, includes:
- Valuable research with free access to the JHS website, where the entire 28 year history is available to members for search and use
- Free JHS iPad app that allows you to download issues of JHS and read them offline
- Emails that inform you of new content that is instantly available online, even before it arrives in printed format
Full and free access to Hand-e, the premier hand and upper extremity online learning resource (videos, articles, platform search, etc.), a $299 value, includes:
Ability to search and filter not only Hand-e platform - which includes videos, articles, images, educational sessions, and Annual Meeting instructional courses - but also all ASSH digital content, including JHS and the ASSH Textbook.
- Access to new content, added multiple times a month
- Access to content organized by the SHUE and ASSH Textbook curriculum
- Search function according to content or learning channel (e.g., videos) and access to “just-in-time” content/technique videos for your next case
- Ability to view and use Hand-e content on any device with an Internet browser: computers, tablets, smartphones
Full and free access to the Industry Guide (prepared and vetted by the ASSH Commercial Support Committee) includes:
Integrated Hand-e search results to include industry content such as vendor profiles, product guides, and industry videos
- Dedicated industry search engine which will allow you to find products or services via keyword search, filter industry results by popular product categories, and browse content using the core curriculum of hand surgery subject areas
- Identify industry events in your area for hands-on training or learn more about an upcoming tradeshow using the Industry Calendar
- Stay current on the latest product information with industry Newsbriefs
- Access product information directly through the Guide, including techniques guide, sales brochures, and product training videos
- Review a company’s full product line and easily connect with your local sales rep
- Responsive, online platform allowing for easy searching and browsing from your desktop, phone or tablet
Discounts on ASSH products and services:
- Attend the ASSH Annual Meeting and ASSH courses for 25% less compared to the standard price
- Savings of 25% or more on ASSH publications (books, e-Books, and monographs)
Subscription to all ASSH newsletters, including:
Weekly Member Update: The member newsletter that keeps you informed of all ASSH activities and health policy changes
- Correspondence News: This monthly newsletter, edited by Kevin F. Lutsky, MD, features articles from ASSH members with surgical pearls, tips, techniques, and words of wisdom.
Access to online ASSH membership directory, the most accurate source of member contact information, accessible from any device.
Access to the Members Listserv, the member-led forum for your most important questions. You can participate or simply observe to hear the opinions of our members on unique cases.
There are dozens of ASSH committees ready to welcome new ASSH members with fresh ideas. Each committee has a specific mission, from providing patients with more information to improving emergency hand care or planning the Annual Meeting. Which committee is right for you?