2016 ASSH International Membership Application submission deadline is March 15, 2016.
Before applying, please ensure that you read and understand the ASSH Code of Ethics.
Detailed Instructions for the 2016 ASSH International Membership application
- Complete ALL sections of the application form. No part of the application form may be left blank. Any activities and/or contributions must be added to the application form. Do not attach your curriculum vitae.
- Submit your one-time International Membership application fee of $200. New members will be billed $350 for next year’s annual dues at the end of the year of acceptance.
- Submit sponsorship letters from two (2) ASSH Active members, elected in 2012 or earlier. Letters of recommendation from other members of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (particularly chiefs of service, training program directors, persons familiar with the applicant's practice or contributions to hand surgery, and other qualified individuals) are not required but do serve to strengthen the application.
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
822 West Washington Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
- Electronically: Must be submitted to email@example.com in Word or PDF format. You may fax your documents if they are legible to (847) 384-1435 Attn: Mary McCarthy.
- Paper submissions: All paper submissions should be mailed originals. Please send to:
INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING SPONSOR LETTERS
All sponsors must be Active members in the American Society for Surgery of the Hand – elected in 2012 or earlier
. Contact the ASSH Central Office to verify eligibility of sponsors, or if assistance is required in obtaining the 2 required sponsor letters.
Sponsorship letters can be submitted via email, fax, or mail (instructions above) and must follow the following criteria:
- Include the following information:
Length of time sponsor has known the applicant
Knowledge of the applicant's present practice
Statement of unequivocal support on behalf of the applicant
Must be submitted on sponsor's letterhead.
Must be signed by sponsor.
NOTE: In order for an applicant to be considered for 2016 ASSH International membership, all application materials, including completed application, sponsorship letters, paid application fee, etc. must arrive at the ASSH Central Office by close of business on February 1, 2016. Applicants will be notified of their status in writing at least one month prior to the 2016 Annual Meeting.
*Your application and any other information obtained in connection with your application becomes the property of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand upon receipt and will not be returned to the applicant during or at the conclusion of the application process.
With questions, please contact ASSH Membership Manager Mary McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 880-1934.