*Candidate Membership application deadlines are the 1st of each month.
Before applying, please ensure that you read and understand the ASSH Code of Ethics.
Download the 2016 Candidate Member application.
- Complete ALL sections of the application form. No part of the application form may be left blank. Any activities and/or contributions must be added to the application form. Do not attach your curriculum vitae.
- Submit your one-time Candidate Membership application fee of $75. Upon acceptance, Candidate Members who have completed their fellowship in hand surgery will be billed dues for the first year based on month of acceptance.
- Submit sponsorship letters from your residency program director OR hand fellowship director OR an ASSH Active member, elected in 2012 or earlier (only one letter is required). Letters of recommendation from other members of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (particularly chiefs of service, training program directors, persons familiar with the applicant's practice or contributions to hand surgery, and other qualified individuals) are not required but do serve to strengthen the application.
- Electronically: Must be submitted to email@example.com in Word or PDF format. You may fax your documents if they are legible to (847) 384-1435 Attn: Mary McCarthy.
- Paper submissions: All paper submissions should be mailed originals. Please send to:
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
822 West Washington Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING SPONSOR LETTERS
Residency directors and fellowship directors are not required to be ASSH members in order to submit a sponsorship letter. Any ASSH members providing sponsor letters must be Active Members. Sponsorship letters can be submitted via email, fax, or mail (instructions above) and must follow the following criteria:
- Include the following information:
- Length of time sponsor has known the applicant
- Knowledge of the applicant's present practice
- Statement of unequivocal support on behalf of the applicant
- Must be submitted on sponsor's letterhead.
- Must be signed by sponsor.
NOTE: In order for an applicant to be considered for 2016 ASSH Candidate Membership, all application materials, including completed application, sponsorship letters, paid application fee, etc. must arrive at the ASSH Central Office by close of business on the submission deadline.
*Your application and any other information obtained in connection with your application becomes the property of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand upon receipt and will not be returned to the applicant during or at the conclusion of the application process.
With questions, please contact Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 880-1934.